Your Oral Health -A Public Health Issue
- Oral diseases are among the most prevalent chronic diseases.
- They include tooth decay and gum diseases that can lead to pain and tooth loss.
- Oral cancer leads to pain, tooth loss and premature death if not detected early on.
- Oral diseases-once considered localized infections-are now associated with other diseases such as diabetes, cardiovascular and respiratory diseases.1
- Oral disease and pain can have a significant negative impact on your ability to learn, work, socialize, speak and eat foods that you need.
To read the entire article visit www.dentalhygienecanada.ca
The remainder of the article details the following:
- Did You Know? Facts about your overall health and oral health
- What Can Each of Us DO? A list of suggestions to help with your oral health
- References - a list of important sources that were referenced in this article